Thursday May 21, 2015
The City of Napa has enacted emergency drought regulations. Water customers are prohibited from water-wasting actions and violators may be subject to escalating penalties of $100, $200, and $500. Click on "Read more" for details.
- Do not overwater lawns and gardens to the point of excessive flowing runoff
- Do not use water to wash driveways or sidewalks, except to address an immediate health and safety need
- Do not use water in decorative fountains, unless the water is recirculated
- Do not irrigate between the hours of 10 am and 5 pm, except for the initial watering of new plantings
- Do not wash vehicles with a hose, unless hose is equipped with a shutoff nozzle
- Do not drain and refill swimming pools, unless needed for repair purposes
- Do not irrigate during rain and within 48 hours after measurable rainfall
- Do not irrigate lawns and landscapes on consecutive days, except for the initial watering of new plantings
Hospitality Businesses are subject to the following additional restrictions:
- Restaurants may only serve drinking water to customers on request.
- Hotel/Motels must provide guests the option of not having towels and linens laundered daily
Report water waste by calling 707-257-9521